Monday, May 04, 2009

color studies



Another method to my madness is how I do color studies. I like to do my color studies by flipping through magazines and pulling out the colors I like and then I glue them in a hodge podge mess and throw them in a sketch book. It looks like controlled chaos but I like doing them this way because I can open a few pages and look at a lot of my personal color picks and see how they interact together at a glance. I do need to focus on doing some more specific color boards right now, specifically a fall color board filled with oranges and reds. I tend toward the cool side so I am going to conciously focus on warm tones. The second color study spread is the one I used for the current Shimmer Studio line of stationery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh... I like this. Maybe I should do something similar with my ideas for poems. Often it will be an image that strikes me first - I could take a photo and paste it into my journal with some notes!

Toni said...

This is a fantastic idea. I might steal it and adapt it for myself for writing ideas. I hope you don't mind:)